XXXTentacion’s Domestic Violence Charges Dropped Following His Death
Domestic violence charges against deceased rapper XXXTentacion have been dropped by the judge involved in the case.
On Tuesday, Judge Richard Hersch closed XXXTentacion’s domestic violence case after the rapper was shot and killed in June. At the time of his death, he was awaiting trial for a domestic violence case that was brought against him by his ex-girlfriend, Geneva Ayala. Geneva claimed that XXXTentacion (real name Jahseh Onfroy) repeatedly abused her, even while pregnant. Geneva said he strangled her, beat her, locked her in a bedroom for two days and threatened to kill her.
The rapper denied claims of abuse and accused Geneva of “lying and scamming.” The charged were dropped, but that does not mean that Triple X was found “not guilty.” It simply means that the case was dismissed.
On June 18, XXXTentacion was shot and killed during an armed robbery at RIVA Motorsports in Deerfield Beach, Florida. The suspects targeted him at the car dealership and “demanded property.” After a physical struggle, they shot him and stole his Louis Vuitton bag that had $50,000 inside of it, then fled the scene. So far, four men have been indicted and charged with first-degree murder with a firearm and armed robbery with a firearm.
Despite the alleged abuse, XXX’s ex said that she was “broken” following his death.
it’s disgusting that people are speaking for me. i don’t care if no one cared about me however many months ago, i didn’t lose my life. he did. it’s permanent. i’m still here. like how do you think that makes me feel? everyone expecting me to be relieved or happy?! no, i’m broken.
— bloodsucca (@hisl0nelystar) June 19, 2018
Geneva has been relatively quiet on social media since then, but she did tweet the day the news broke of the dropped charges:
i want to know why the universe chose me to be the bearer of such negativity. like “oh, wait, this one- she’s the one.”
— bloodsucca (@hisl0nelystar) August 3, 2018
This isn’t the first time charges have been dropped posthumously. Back in February, Mark Salling‘s case was dismissed after he committed suicide. The actor was awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty to possession of child pornography at the time.