8 Reasons You NEED to See X-Men: Days of Future Past, Like, Now
The future and past are coming together in the best way possible — X-Men: Days of Future Past is now in theaters! And, although it's been a long while since we've done our own form of review, we felt that it was absolutely necessary to tell you some of the many reasons you NEED to see the X-Men prequel's sequel film. WARNING: Spoilers ahead!
1. The cast, duh. We'll be honest, there's not a heck of a lot of Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Booboo Stewart, Omar Sy or Evan Peters in the star-studded movie. Each of them have, like, ten lines or less. Heck, Anna Paquin had ZERO lines. BUT, there's plenty of Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Peter Dinklage, so it's still A-list.
2. Hugh Jackman in all of his
butt-naked shirtless glory. It's not exactly appropriate or anything, but he is one hot Aussie.
3. Quicksilver. The award for comic relief goes to Evan Peters' character, hands down. Despite him being Magneto's son and a kleptomaniac, he provides non-stop laughs for the entirety of the 15 minutes he's on screen.
4. New mutations. Besides Quicksilver, we're introduced to Blink (below), who has the power of creating portals/teleportation, Warpath, who has the power of superhumanly acute senses, Bishop, who has the power of energy absorption, Sunspot, who has the ability to absorb solar energy, and more.
5. Get a peek into the (dismal) post-apocalyptic future. Magneto is obviously the best X-Men villain, and the villain for the next film (which we'll get to a little later) is high up there too, but the Sentinels prove to be a menacing force.
6. All the cameos. No, not including Stan Lee. More like James Marsden, Famke Janssen, Lucas Till, plus the faces of other First Class friends, like Zoe Kravitz! Though, you won't necessarily be a total fan of how they're all incorporated…
7. Special effects. It was the second most expensive film ever made (behind Avatar), so you should expect nothing but the best in terms of graphics and engineering.
8. That ending! We warned you of spoilers, so we don't feel bad saying that the final moments of the film, which come all the way after the end credits, feature the next villain: Apocalypse. Here are some of the powers we can look forward to from the 5000(!)-year-old mutant: molecular manipulation, immortality, superhuman physical ability, teleportation, energy manipulation, technopathy, psionic powers and genius-level intellect.
In case you didn't get the idea based on all of the above reasons we've given you today, WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Despite all the questions that desperately need answering in the next addition to the franchise, X-Men: Apocalypse, DoFP is everything you could hope for in an action flick. Wins all around!
To further convince you, watch the trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past here: