10 of the Most Cringe-Worthy Female Lip-Syncing Fails in Music History
As beautiful and (sometimes) talented as these fierce females are, all of their musical reputations took a minor hit after they were caught *gasp* lip-syncing:
1. Katy Perry — We got secondhand embarrassment just watching as Katy was stopped mid-“Roar” lip-sync performance at the 2013 NRJ Music Awards and was asked to start over utilizing her actual voice.
2. Selena Gomez — Mic check, 1, 2, 1, 2. Last year, SelGo experienced audio and microphone malfunctions at KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball concert, leaving the sound loud and clear as she let out a huge F-bomb and stormed off-stage before finishing her set.
3. Iggy Azalea — Joining Jennifer Lopez on-stage for “Acting Like That,” the 24-year-old Aussie rapper experienced some of her own difficulties starting at the 1:38 mark.
4. Jennifer Lopez — Speaking of J.Lo, she experienced her own share of criticism after lip-syncing on American Idol. Like… this is a singing competition, and SHE’S ONE OF THE JUDGES. That’s not acceptable.
5. Beyonce — Yes, even Queen B does it. Not only did she get caught lip-syncing The Star-Spangled Banner at the second Presidential Inauguration for Barack Obama, she was spotted doing the same during her On the Run tour, too.
6. Nicki Minaj — It’s like she just decided to give up at some point.
7. Mariah Carey — Not gonna even try to hit those high notes anymore, huh?
8. Britney Spears — There’s no way you DON’T remember Brit’s “Gimme More” performance at the 2007 MTV VMAs. What was supposed to be the comeback of a lifetime turned into an absolute disaster. We’re still cringing.
9. Lindsay Lohan — As one YouTuber so delicately put it, “lol 2:14 f***ing BUSTED.”
10. Ashlee Simpson — THE ULTIMATE.
*BONUS* Katy Perry (AGAIN) — Though not technically a lip-syncing fail, we just wanted to give a shout-out to Katy’s flute flub because, hey, why not?