Craft-Teen: Spaghetti Necklace DIY!
When you think of pasta jewelry, we’re sure the first thing that comes to mind is those macaroni necklaces we’ve all made for our moms, but Ashley Adams is putting a trendy twist on the old tradition! For the latest edition of Craft-Teen, our host is making edgy necklaces — out of spaghetti noodles!
So, how can you get this look for yourself? First, you’ll need: spaghetti, foam sheet, scissors, wire cutters, jewelry pliers, foam brush, tape, needle, chain, jump rings & lobster clasps, spray paint, mod podge, scrap piece of paper, measuring tape.
1. Take your scissors and cut out a pattern for your necklace using a foam sheet.
2. Draw as many triangles as you can on your cut out shape.
3. Take your needle and poke holes where you want your chains to go for your jump ring.
4. Using your jewelry pliers take your jump ring and attach them to the holes you just made.
5. Put down your scrap piece of paper and apply your mod podge to the cut out shape.
6. Apply the spaghetti on top of the mod podge.
7. After your spaghetti dries, cut the excess spaghetti around the edges.
8. Take your tape and mask off the areas you want to spray paint first.
9. After the paint has dried, peel away the tape.
10. Then you can mask another area and add a different color spray paint.
11. Measure out 16 inches of chain and cut it using wire cutters.
12. Cut the 16-inch chain in half to get the two sides of your necklace.
13. Reopen the jump rings using your jewelry pliers and attach the chains to each.
14. Take two more jump rings and attach them to the ends of your newly attached chains.
15. Attach a lobster clasp to one of the jump rings.
And there you have it! Your very own spaghetti necklace! For more, watch the video above!