Craft-Teen: Making Cute & Colorful Dipped Cans!
Have you been looking for a way to stay organized but keep it cute at the same time? Look no further than the latest episode of Craft-Teen! Ashley Adams is giving you the 411 on how to make these this cute, organizational craft, and you won’t believe how easy it is!
After Ashley picked up a secretary desk and refurbished the whole thing, she got inspired to keep it organized, and ta-da — it’s also how she came up with the idea for this craft! If you want to get on Ashley’s level for this simple DIY project, you’ll need: sample paints (of whatever color you’d like), cans, plastic containers, masking tape, wax paper, and a pair of scissors.
Doing the craft is actually pretty easy, as you just put the masking tape on the can, dip the can in paint, and then let it dry. When it’s done drying, you use the scissors to (carefully!) take the tape off, and there you have it — your very own dipped can! You can uses these for just about anything — pens and pencils, make up brushes, flowers, and much more!
To get the full break down on how to do this nifty little craft, watch the video above!
1. Put wax paper down on the surface you will be doing the craft.
2. Mask your cans. Take tape and put it around cans in order to make a perfectly straight line around them when you dip paint.
3. Fill containers with paint.
4. Dip cans in paint.
5. After dipping, put cans to the side on the wax paper to let them dry.
6. Make sure to pick up containers from time to time to make sure they don’t stick to the paper.
7. After they have completely dried, remove the tape from the cans. Use the blad of your scissors to cut around the line of tape where it meets the paint. Then pull of tape.
8. You can store pencils or pens in container, or put rice in the bottom of the can and use it as a makeup brush holder. Another option is to use it as a jewelry holder.
9. Also, you can make it into a flowers vase. Pour rocks into can and then pour water in. Then insert your flowers.