17 Things People Say Now That Would Have Made ZERO Sense 10 Years Ago
Let’s say we had the ability to time travel, and someone decided to go back to the year 2004. Now, slang terms such as LOL, BRB, etc. were pretty mainstream back then, but there is a whole new slew of things people say now that would have made absolutely ZERO sense 10 years ago.
Could you imagine if you looked at someone back then and said “TURN UP!” Or “YASSSSS” Yeah, they’d probably look at you like you were crazy. Since language is always evolving, we thought it’d be fun to round up some popular phrases the kids are saying these days that people wouldn’t have understood a mere 10 years ago. Check them out below!
1. OMG he just retweeted me! He WHAT you?!
2. Ugh, my last Instagram only has nine likes.
3. Do you subscribe to their channel?
4. That is seriously the funniest Vine I’ve ever seen.
5. Did you see my latest reblog?
6. My feels right now…I can’t even.
7. What filter should I use?
8. Seriously, please don’t tag me in that picture.
9. The bae is coming over.
10. Dat beat doe.
11. She’s ratchet.
12. Check your DMs.
13. Do it for the Vine.
15. TURN UP.
17. ALL THE ABBREVS. OMFG, LMAO, TOTES, OBVI, TFiOS, PLL, TVD…
Anything we’re missing? Tell us in the comments!