13 Problems Only Punctual People Will Fully Understand
They say patience is a virtue, but in our opinion, so is punctuality. There is nothing more frustrating than people who can’t seem to get ANYWHERE on time, and it’s even more frustrating when you go out of your way to get there not only early, but ON TIME, so you don’t have to make anybody wait.
There are plenty of difficult things about being a perpetually punctual person, so check out some of the biggest struggles by scrolling below.
1. When making plans with a friend who is always late, you have to factor in a LEAST an hour cushion. “Let’s meet at 7 PM!” (Even though we don’t really need to be there until 8 PM…)
2. You wake up multiple times throughout the night because you’re scared you won’t be up on time. Must. Be. Awake. By. 8. A.M.
3. The struggle/uneasy feeling of forcing yourself to be late, just because you know your friends will be. But…I can’t NOT be there on time!
4. Always thinking THIS might be the time your friend ACTUALLY shows up on the time you planned. LOL JK THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
5. Worrying about your phone’s battery life because who knows how long you’ll be waiting for your friend(s). AH, I’m only at 43%! Who knows how long that will last me?
6. Getting annoyed when perpetually late people think it’s a some kind of “cute” character trait. Um, that’s not cute, it’s straight up RUDE.
7. Being overly apologetic on the RARE occasional you’re a minute or two late. OMGOMGOMG I’M SO SORRY I WASN’T THERE AT THE EXACT TIME I SAID I’D BE AND HAD TO MAKE YOU WAIT 30 SECONDS.
8. Always having to know the lay of the land in places you make plans. OK, so if they’re late, there are four different coffee shops on this block and a Forever 21, so I should be able to kill some time.
9. When your friend gives half-assed apologies for being late. Yeah, you seem really torn up about making me wait for 45 minutes…
10. Having to avoid making plans with certain friends because you just KNOW they’ll be late, so why bother? Oh yeah, I can’t that night, I’m, uh, really busy.
11. When a friend shows up late with a Starbucks in hand and is like, “Sorry I’m late.” You couldn’t have at least asked if I wanted anything?!
12. If you’re getting ready to go out with friends in a group setting, you’re always the first one done. Guess I’ll just hang out then…
13. Always living by the motto: “If you’re early, you’re on time, and if you’re on time, you’re late.” This is our cross to bear.
Do you agree with any of these? Share on your Facebook and Twitter if you do!