7 Things All People with Half-Siblings Will Understand
Having a half-sibling is a whole different sibling ball game. There’s actually nothing like the relationship between half-siblings, whether they’re close or not. That’s why it takes a true half-sibling to understand these seven things:
1. People feeling the need to ask, “Mom or Dad’s side?” It doesn’t matter, Stranger Who Insists on Asking This.
2. Not knowing what to call your half-sibling’s half-siblings. Or any of their other family members, actually. It’s a mess.
3. Understanding at a young age how complicated families can be. No ingrained family ideologies here.
4. People telling you that you look nothing alike. “Hmm, could it possibly be because we have 50% different DNA? Yeah, maybe that.”
5. Forgetting at times that they’re only your half-sibling. Family is family, yo.
6. Being unable to decide whether or not you feel threatened by your half-sibling’s full-sibling. It’s stupid and you shouldn’t, but we might not blame you if you did.
7. Swapping stories about your shared parent all of the time. No one knows them better than their other kid!