The Vampire Diaries Recap: The Sun Rises, But Not for Everyone!
Oh, the horror we had to witness on last night’s The Vampire Diaries! We cried, got angry and were left (again) with more questions after watching “The Sun Also Rises.” One thing is for sure, we were not disappointed. This episode was great (Don’t you agree?), but how do they plan on topping the finale after such an important eppy?! Revival of a certain aunt-gone-vamp perhaps?
Well, let’s get on with the recap, shall we?
1. Matt shot Tyler, not knowing it was Tyler obvs (Ty was in his whole fully-transformed-as-a-werewolf stage). Caroline gets all freaked and of course wants to immediately go to Tyler’s rescue. We’ve got a little theory on these two that we’ll share in a bit, so keep reading.
2. Matt breaks up with Caroline. Yes, the lovely couple have gone their separate ways. Matt was totally like how he can’t deal with Caroline’s whole vamp life deal. It’s okay, Caroline! We can already see a new hottie in your future (wink!).
3. The sacrificial ritual goes down! Yes guys, so sad but so true. Klaus actually succeeds at making his whole sacrifice ceremony type thing happen and the death toll in Mystic Falls starts to climb. By the way, we totally hate Klaus, but we have to admit his plot line has made TVD even more interesting.
4. Umm, so Jules is a werewolf? Who knew! She basically took what would’ve been Taylor’s spot in the sacrificial ritual and starts the death toll count for us. Yup, Jules is dead and was killed in a totally gross, but very TVD-like way we guess.
5. Aunt Jenna is a Vamp(ire)! So okay, Jenna has always been Elena’s oblivious aunt who now just got her chance to become a totally cool character. Umm, or so we thought. Jenna unfortunately is chosen as Klaus’ vampire to sacrifice and well, she’s dead now. She dies in a totally awesome way, trying to save Elena so that makes her extra incredible in our book. R.I.P Aunt Jenna. We’re hoping the finale surprises us and brings her back!
6. Bonnie kicks butt! Bonnie is like the best. witch. ever. Here she comes to save the day! She steps on the sacrifice scene as Klaus is preparing to take on his transformation and totally stops him in his tracks. Go, Bonnie!
7. Did Elena make it out alive? Yes, alive and still in her human form. But this came with a price, she loses Uncle John. What many TVD fans may not have realized right away is that Bonnie had cast a spell to bind Elena and John’s life forces. Uncle John we love you! He totally came through for Elena.
Phew! That was a lot! We loved that episode although we also totally felt Elena’s pain as she shed tears for Jenna at the cemetery. We can’t wait until next week!
What did you think of last night’s The Vampire Diaries? Were you upset over any of the deaths? What do you think is going to happen in the finale? Share your thoughts and predictions in the comments!
PS: Can’t get enough VD? Reread The Vampire Diaries book series here!