10 Summer Vacation Expectations and How They Actually Turn Out
Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone! Whether you’re away for the full three days or just relaxing at home, everyone can agree on one thing when it comes to MDW: Summer is right around the corner! And, if you’re anything like us, you’re probably already thinking of ways to make your summer vacation the most epic season of all time. But, let’s face it — chances are that’s not going to happen.
There’s nothing wrong with having lofty goals as long as you’re willing to accept the fact that your super-crazy vacay might just turn into three months of being kinda, well, blah. Listen people, we say embrace it! There’s nothing too wrong with binging on Netflix all day, right? Right…
1. Expectation: Insanely fun beach parties all. the. time.
Reality: Immense amounts of boredom.
2. Expectation: Three months of rest and relaxation.
Reality: You have to get a summer job.
3. Expectation: Being home alone all the time will be great!
Reality: WHAT WAS THAT NOISE?!
4. Expectation: You’ll keep in touch with alllll of your friends.
Reality: Realize summer’s almost over and you’ve only seen three friends.
5. Expectation: VACAY!
Reality: Your parents make you take a road trip to your grandparents’ house.
6. Expectation: Get a bronze glow after laying out for a few hours.
Reality: Lobster status.
7. Expectation: You’ll pick up a new hobby.
Reality: Can’t. Stop. Watching. Netflix.
8. Expectation: Working out every day is a must.
Reality: Does one push up a day count as working out?
9. Expectation: You’ll do all your summer reading within the first two weeks of vacation.
Reality: You “read” them all the day before school starts.
10. Expectation: This year’s summer romance will be one for the books!
Reality: LOL — no one at the pool is even cute.