The 12 Stages of Getting Sucked In By A Netflix Show
Netflix: The best/worst thing to happen to the Internet since, well, the Internet! While the site is an amazing resource for catching up on all of your favorite shows and movies, it also has the power to suck its users into a never-ending spiral of viewing. Think we’re being too dramatic? Well, you obviously have never been sucked in by a show on Netflix before! In case you’re curious, here are the various stages:
1. You’re feeling bored one evening so you decided to log on to your (or your friend’s who has generously let you borrow her password) Netflix account.
2. No movies catch your eye, but one TV show keeps popping up as a suggestion for you. Might as well try it, right?
3. Indifferently start the pilot episode only to realize you’re actually quite enjoying it.
4. The dreaded “Play Next Episode?” box pops up. Clearly there is only one was to handle it…
5. WTF IT’S MIDNIGHT ALREADY?!!?
6. Figure out ways to alter your schedule for tomorrow so you can stay up late and continue watching the show.
7. You succumbed to sleep. #Bummer. Now, from the moment you wake up, you can’t stop thinking about when the next time you’ll be able to watch your show will be.
8. Two days later you realize you’ve watched the entire first series, which leads you to calculate how many hours you actually just spent watching a show. You give up, though, so you don’t end up feeling too bad about yourself.
9. Follow every actor on Twitter/Instagram/Vine/Facebook, all while memorizing your favorite quotes and looking up the best show merchandise to buy.
10. Realize you’ve hit the SERIES finale, not just the season finale, and spiral into a depression.
11. Start petitioning the network to have the show do a reunion ASAP.
12. Return to step one — the cycle repeats itself as soon as you discover a new show.