7 Sophomore Year of High School Expectations and What Actually Happens
Sophomore year of high school is an interesting time — you’re no longer the babies of your school, but you still don’t get the privileges the upperclassmen do. Because of its confusing nature, you typically expect a lot from your second year of high school, and that doesn’t always go so well. For example…
1. Expectation: You’ll be friends with all the same people you were freshman year.
Reality: You learn who your true friends are very quickly.
2. Expectation: Your sweet 16 will rival those on the MTV show.
Reality: You celebrate the big day with a small dinner.
3. Expectation You’ll get an awesome car on the day of your birthday!
Reality: LOL — you’re lucky if your mom lets you drive hers.
4. Expectation: And you’ll definitely pass your written driving test on the first try!
Reality: Still working on it…
5. Expectation: A senior will invite you to go to the prom.
Reality: A senior doesn’t even know your name.
6. Expectation: You’ll totally start looking at colleges
Reality: Eh, you still have three years…
7. Expectation: People will treat you differently because you’re no longer the youngest!
Reality: You’re still a small fish in a big pond.