10 Things That Prove Sleepover Is Totally Underrated
In 2004, a little movie called Sleepover was released, and though it didn't make that big of a splash at the box office, fans are still loving it 10 years later. Now, if you're not familiar with the plot, it centers on a girl named Julie (Alexa Vega) who is about to embark on her freshman year of high school.
She doesn't want to be left at the loser's lunch table, so during a sleepover with her friends, they go on a scavenger hunt against some popular girls (Sara Paxton and Brie Larson) to see who will get the cool lunch spot. Oh, and of course she has a crush on the most popular guy in school — who just so happens to start noticing her.
Not only is Sleepover hilarious and adorable, it has some SERIOUS star power. For instance, Steve Carell, Jane Lynch, AND Even Peters all star in it. Do you need any more convicing of its amazingness? Then see 10 things that prove why Sleepover is totally rated by checking out the GIFs and photos below!
(P.S., Sleepover is totally on Netflix Instant if you feel like watching it…)
1. EVAN PETERS. Wanna see a picture of me in a coma?
2. AND Hunter Parrish (in the dark wig).
3. Sean Faris plays the perfect popular guy.
4. Evan Peters…again.
5. This moment between Julie and her crush.
6. It has Steve Carell in his pre-megastar days. (P.S., did you know Sleepover was released the same day as another one of Steve's movies? Yep, this and a little movie called Anchorman were both released on July 9, 2004.)
7. Oh, and let's not forget about a pre-Glee Jane Lynch as Julie's night-clubbin' mom! (That's her on the far right, duh.)
8. AND Mimi-Siku from Jungle 2 Jungle as Julie's brother? MIND. BLOWN.
9. When a cat fight breaks out, this happens.
10. OK, basically, Evan Peters is the shining star of this movie.
Are you a fan of Sleepover? Tell us in the comments!
Flashback! Evan talks American Horror Story: Coven!