12 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’re Overly Obsessed With Your Dog
If you have a dog, you know the saying ‘dogs are a man’s best friend’ is 100 percent accurate. But there comes a point in every dog owner’s life where you cross the point of being a dog person to becoming a full-on overly obsessed dog fanatic. For all of you out there who have embraced this new title, rejoice! We totally feel ya! And you’ll totally understand the following thoughts/emotions/problems that only people who are overly obsessed with their dogs can.
Please note: For the sake of this post we’ll be referring to your precious little friend as a ‘him,’ because it just makes things easier. We don’t discriminate against animal gender IRL!
1. Missing him after being gone for more than a few hours is normal. Separation anxiety is real, people!
2. Dinner isn’t dinner if you don’t share your food. How can you say no?!
3. Your best conversations happen with him. Even though he can’t talk back, you know he’s listening.
4. Kisses on the mouth are the ultimate sign of love. It’s not even that gross!
5. A social media page for him is necessary. How else can he keep in touch with his friends?
6. Even though you don’t have kids, you totally know what it feels like to worry. Is he okay at home? I wonder if he’s lonely…
7. Leaving the house without putting on a light and the TV is impossible. Would you want to be left all alone in the dark?
8. When you think of your best friends, he falls on the top of the list. And you’re not even kidding.
9. Keeping him is worth dealing with the allergies. You can handle sneezing but you definitely couldn’t handle giving him up.
10. It’s hard not to talk about him. You know people probably don’t care, but you just can’t help it!
11. It’s normal that your Instagram page is flooded with pictures of him. And you obviously use #DogsofInstagram. He’s so freakin’ cute!
12. Taking care of a dog actually is a huge responsibility. But you can’t imagine your life without your BFFF (best furry friend forever).