11 Shaving Hacks, Tips & Tricks That’ll Leave You With the Smoothest Skin Ever
No one’s saying you have to shave during the summer months, but many people like to have smooth skin as the weather gets warmer. That being said, if you are a fan of being relatively hair-free, you know that shaving is sometimes easier said than done. The razor burn; the dry skin; the random cuts that seemingly never stop bleeding — taking a razor to your delicate skin is tough. Lucky for you, these hacks will allow you to shave without any of the ~consequences~.
1. The best way to make an informed decision about something is to weigh the pros and cons. Here are the positive and negatives about shaving:
2. Making sure your skin is properly prepped before using a razor is key to preventing cuts, bumps, etc.
3. Using something to prevent friction will stop you from getting razor burn. Here’s a DIY shaving cream Gisele Bundchen swears by:
4. Don’t have time to make or buy shaving cream? Use conditioner!
5. If you do accidentally cut yourself, however, you can dab a bit of Vaseline on the injury to stop the bleeding right away.
6. ChapStick also works wonders on a cut!
7. No matter what you do, do NOT ever shave dry. If anything, put some lotion on your skin rather than going at it without any lubrication.
8. A coconut oil-sugar concoction makes the best sugar scrub EVER.
9. If you struggle with razor burn, try making an after-shave oil to prevent any ingrown hairs:
10. Want SUPER smooth skin? Combine all the above steps together and repeat!
11. And here’s a rundown to getting the smoothest, least painful shave possible: