Ranking Shailene Woodley’s Movie Kisses from So-So to Sexy
Shailene Woodley‘s received both rave and repulsive reviews about her kissing abilities. Ansel Elgort and frequent on-screen makeout partner Theo James both refer to the 24-year-old heroine from The Fault in Our Stars and the Divergent as a great kisser, while Miles Teller claimed Shai would take dirt supplements that smell “like crap” before they’d hook up, so, needless to say, he wasn’t exactly a huge fan of her tongue action.
Regardless of Shailene’s smooch skills, she still produces a fair amount of hot scenes with her movie co-stars. So, with the upcoming release of The Divergent Series: Allegiant, we’re counting down all her film kisses from so-so to sexy AF, starting with…
6. White Bird in a Blizzard — Shailene’s makeout sessions with Shiloh Fernandez were actually quite steamy… when taken out of context. However, in context (which we’re not going to give you because it’s rated-R status), they’re all incredibly creepy. And forget about her intimate moments with Thomas Jane. Blech.
5. The Spectacular Now — The actress’ first kiss with Miles in the flick was hesitant and innocent, so it was adorable, to say the least. Soon after, though, things got pretty raunchy, as it was one of the many times that Shailene lost her virginity on screen. NGL, we’d say it was more heavy than hot.
4. Divergent — Surprisingly, as much as the chemistry sizzled between Theo and Shailene in the first Divergent film — especially when it came to their characters’ first kiss with each other — it’s far from the #1 spot on this particular list. (You’ll see why…) Though, we do appreciate the shirtless action on Theo’s part. Keep it coming!
3. The Fault in Our Stars — Although the Anne Frank House may not seem like the most romantic of settings for a first kiss, the scene in the John Green story was captivating beyond words. Things only got better when Shailene and Ansel’s characters were about to lose their virginities, and he uttered the words, “You are so beautiful.” Swoon.
2. The Divergent Series: Allegiant — Forget seeing “beyond the wall,” Theo James just presses her up against the wall!
1. The Divergent Series: Insurgent — THIS is how you spell HOT. While Four & Tris don’t have sex in Veronica Roth‘s Insurgent novel, they certainly get it on in the big-screen adaptation. And it was FIYAH.