11 Self-Tanning Hacks That’ll Make You Bronze AF w/o Ever Stepping Into the Sun
It’s an internal dilemma we all face as the weather gets warmer — wanting to be tan during the summer months, but not wanting the harmful damage that comes from sitting in the sun. Don’t get us wrong, a little vitamin D in your life is a great thing! But laying out and baking under harmful UV rays can cause an assortment of problems like wrinkles, dark spots and, of course, skin cancer. So what do you do when you want to be tan but don’t want to hurt your skin? Enter the world of self-tanning, of course!
But before you go out and slather the skin-darkening product on your body, check out these helpful hacks & tips to make sure you’re bronze and glowing in no time at all!
1. Different self-tanners work better for various skin tones. Here are the ones you should try based on your complexion:
2. But before you apply any product, it’s important to properly prep your skin:
3. Not really into the chemicals that are found in self-tanning products? You can make a DIY self-tanner that’s completely natural!
4. NOTHING is worse than having a streaky back because you can’t reach all the way around. Problem solved using this life-changing hack!
5. Body-contouring is pretty darn cool, and you can do it with self-tanners, too!
6. To avoid getting streaks in the creases of your elbows, heels, knees, etc., apply baby powder after the self-tanner has been applied. This helps absorb moisture as the product develops and prevent lines.
7. Do you hands turn orange no matter how hard you try to keep self-tanner off your palms? Use a baking-soda concoction to get rid of the excess color!
8. Here are some of the most common self-tanning-related problems and the solutions to fix ’em:
9. Toothbrushes can be used for a lot more than just getting clean teeth! Use the same baking soda recipe from above and scrub with a toothbrush to really remove any splotches.
10. Here’s how many pumps of self-tanner you should use on the various parts of your body:
11. Love the look of a contoured face but hate doing it every morning? Use self-tanner!