5 Ways Saved by the Bell is Actually the Worst ’90s Show
We know it’s a big claim, and we feel horrible for saying it, but Saved by the Bell may just be the worst ’90s show ever. Sure, it’s iconic and represented an entire generation of kids. But, as much as we personally felt a connection to Zack, Kelly, Slater, and the rest of the gang, the show didn’t always teach the best of lessons…
1. Womanizing/sexualizing. Actual Zack Morris quote, “How about we make the dwarves tall blonde girls in bikinis?”
2. Teasing. Nerds. Dorks. Geeks. All terms used to belittle others at Bayside High. Remember when the smart guys wanted a part in the school play? Not just behind-the-scenes jobs; actual on-stage roles. And guess what, they do get a part in the show — as dorks in Snow White and the Seven
Dwarfs Dorks. Not cool.
3. Lack of respect for authority. Although Mr. Belding once referred to Zack as “the son [he] never had,” he was constantly tricked and scammed by the rebellious teen.
4. Ahem. This is Kelly Kapowski’s usual attire. Umm… somehow, we think this goes against the school dress code.
5. Obsessing. If some guy had a cardboard cutout of you, wouldn’t you be creeped out?