Teen.com Endorses: Rise of the Planet of the Apes! 5 Reasons Why You Should See It
1. James Franco is literally the hottest scientist ever. When we think of a scientist, we usually associate it with a total dweeb. But James so does not fit the profile. His character is super smart and develops a really important drug, and also, he’s hot, which makes him worth watching for the entire 2+ hours of the flick.
2. The graphics are sick! Like, seriously insanely crazy good. We can’t remember the last time we saw scenes with fake animals and fake landscape look so good. The whole time you’ll be thinking, “Wait, are those monkeys real?!”
3. Tom Felton makes us remember who he was in Harry Potter. Yes, Potterheads. Just to get a bit of HP nostalgia out of your system, we say catch Tom in this one. Know how he’s all cocky but yet a coward as Draco Malfoy? Well, in this movie, he’s pretty much the same type of guy, except instead of tormenting Harry, he’s tormenting apes. Same thing.
4. The Golden Gate bridge scene. One of the most action-packed scenes in the movie is probs one of the main reasons you have to check this flick out. You can see part of this scene in the trailer, but you definitely won’t get to see just how epic it is unless you see the whole movie. Do it.
5. If you’re a Lord of the Rings fan, support Andy Serkis. You know, the guy who played Gollum or is his name actually Smeagel? Well whatevs, point is he does an amazing job yet again bringing an unreal character to life. He plays Ceasar (the main ape) and we can’t get over how realistic he helped make our fave ape look. It was actually kind of creepy.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes is out now! Are you going to see it? Have you seen any of the other Planet of the Apes films? Think you’ll like this one? Sound off in the comments!