10 Recent Events That Prove We’re Going Back in Time to the ’90s/’00s
No matter how far we get in our lives, we know we’ll always have a soft spot for the ’90s/’00s. It was THE time for music, TV, toys, etc. In recent years, we’ve seen a surge in the products we used to love in those particular decades — like Tamagotchis, Furbys and Skip-Its — but, even more recently, we’ve come to find that the musical groups, television shows and the like from way back when are also making comebacks. Are we going back in time or something? We think so…
1. There’s hope for Aaron Carter and Hilary Duff. On his end at least as he publicly proclaimed his love for his former flame in back-to-back tweets.
2. New Kids on the Block + Backstreet Boys. It’s not every day that one of your all-time favorite groups makes a return, but two of ’em — TOGETHER — oh man…
3. Speaking of comebacks, there’s been talk of a Spice Girls reunion! According to BSB’s Brian Littrell, there was a possibility of a joint world tour between his boy band and the best girl group ever. That rumor’s since been squashed — curse you, world! — but at least we had the 2012 Olympics, right?
4. Further igniting our nostalgia, *NSYNC reunited in 2013. For a whole, like, .2 seconds, but still. It. Was. Magical.
5. Of course we can’t forget about Destiny’s Child. Not only did the trio release its first new album in eight years last January, Beyonce, Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland killed it at Super Bowl XLVII.
6. The cast of Boy Meets World is filming again. Cory and Topanga are tapped for television — this time on Disney Channel — and it looks like they invited a few old friends and family members to join them for a meal.
7. The men of Full House are joining forces. Uncle Jesse’s still got it.
8. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are hitting the big screen. This time, with Megan Fox at the helm.
9. Jackie and Kelso are back on. Except it’s real life, and they’re engaged and have a baby on the way. OMGOMGOMG.
10. O-Town is making headlines. There’s a countdown to something big for the “All or Nothing” singers. Freaking the eff out!
— O-Town (@OTownOfficial) March 26, 2014