10 Reasons You NEED to Beg to Go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
This past summer marked yet another exciting occasion for fans of everyone’s favorite boy wizard, Harry Potter. On July 8, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort expanded its already magical land by adding… Diagon Alley! Yet another reason you need to beg your parents to go, don’tchya think?
If good ol’ Mom & Dad still need some convincing, we’re here to help you out ’cause, just in time for Halloween 2014, Teen.com was invited(!!!) to the wicked world to basically test out everything for you, free of charge. #
humblebrag So, because we love you oh so much, here are ten (out of the countless) reasons it’s absolutely necessary to head on over to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando ASAP:
1. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts — Let’s start you off with Gringotts Bank, shall we? (Pictured in the background below… with a literal fire-breathing dragon on top of it.)
Yes, that baby actually spews fire! But no need to worry about birds getting roasted; we’ve been told that it sends out a signal a few moments prior to its fiery breath.
Anyway, enough about the dragon, let’s go inside!
Before the physical ride, you get to experience the supposed safest place to keep your money by entering into a room full of moving goblins; we swear, they looked us right in the eyes!
After that, it’s smooth sailing… if you call Harry, Ron & Hermione saving you from
Voldemort He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and Bellatrix on a 3D multi-dimensional ride ‘smooth sailing.’
2. The Knight Bus — The driver really is the nicest, even standing outside in the heat all day long. Go ahead, ask him anything; he’ll never break character. P.S. Just wanted to point out the shrunken head behind us. He’ll actually answer your questions, too!
3. The Leaky Cauldron — Cottage pie, fish and chips, bangers and mash, Scotch eggs, stew, etc. To get the whole experience, we had a minimum of one of everything. All in a day’s work, right? And there was not one part about the meal that was NOT delicious. Plus… baby had her first Butterbeer! The first words that came to mind were ‘cream soda,’ ‘butterscotch’ and ‘happiness.’ No joke.
4. Knockturn Alley — All practitioners of the Dark Arts — Slytherins, over here! — must head into the gloomiest part of the park. Even in the daytime, the sky’s black! Then, of course, there’s Borgin and Burkes for all your skeletal needs.
5. King’s Cross — Reminiscent of the real King’s Cross railway station in London, you can ask any Muggle inside how to find Platform 9 3/4… but they’ll look at you like you have a hole in your head. Once you go in between Platforms 9 and 10, though, anyone can help you out on the other side. And you know what’s on the other side, right?…
Pages: 1 2