6 Reasons Why Life Was Better in Elementary School
Middle school is an important time in life; same goes for high school. However, no matter how important, your experiences in sixth grade and beyond can never match the awesomeness that was elementary school. The kids were friendlier, the challenges weren’t as challenging… how could anything else compare? In case you’re not thoroughly convinced, here are ten things that prove life was 10x better in elementary school:
1. NAP TIME! A set time dedicated to sleeping in the middle of the day — that’s like a gift once you reach high school and beyond.
2. Making friends was way easier. Think about it — in elementary school, you could basically just ask to be someone’s friend and it’s a done deal. Once you get older, that’d be kinda creepy.
3. There was a dedicated time for fun. Recess may still exist in junior high; maybe even in high school. But separately from that, there’s barely a moment for fun and games during the school day once you pass fifth grade. Oh, the good ol’ days of Duck, Duck, Goose.
4. SNACK TIME! Not including your run-of-the-mill, midday lunch period in the cafeteria, kids in elementary school get to engorge themselves on snacks IN CLASS. Man, did we have it good.
5. The subject matter wasn’t as tough. Heck of a lot easier to raise your hand in class when you’re actually able to understand the questions.
6. Everything was considered an accomplishment by Mom & Dad. “Oh, you dunked your hands into different buckets of paint and put it on a piece of paper? That’s going on the refrigerator.”