8 Things to Know About The X Factor‘s Rachel Crow!
While we pretty much hateThe X Factor’s host, we are forever in the show’s debt for giving us boy-band sensation, One Direction. We
are obsessed with love them! But right now we’re thanking TXF for bringing us yet another huge name — Rachel Crow! If you’re not yet acquainted with this young powerhouse of a star, well, we’re here to get you on board the RC train. This girl hasn’t even had her Sweet Sixteen yet and she’s already accomplished so much. She texts Simon Cowell on the daily, people! Find out who her musical inspirations are, how she got her start in the biz, and what she has planned for the summer!
1. Rachel was adopted when she was a baby, and sang her first song at 18-months-old. Impressive! Her parents decided to bring her to Los Angeles in 2010 so that she could pursue her dreams. Best. Parents. Ever.
2. Rachel was only 13-years-old when she auditioned for the first season of The X Factor, and she beat out over 100,000 contestants to be on the show.
3. She made it all the way to the Top 5, and was absolutely devastated when she was sent home. Rachel’s supporters immediately blamed (and booed!) X Factor judge, Nicole Scherzinger, when it was her time to make a decision. Nicole’s decision left the bottom two in a deadlock, and it was up to the public to decide who stayed and who got kicked off. Rachel had to take to Twitter to calm everyone down saying, “Please don’t be angry with @nicolesherzy she was put in such a tough position.” This has to be the most emotional elimination we have ever seen.
4. In the past year, Rachel has been signed to Columbia Records/Syco. Also? She landed an overall talent deal with Nickelodeon and has plans to get her own show! Yessss!
5. Since talking with Nick, Rach is jumping right into things! She will be playing Starr, a recurring character, on Lucas Cruikshank‘s FRED: THE SHOW. Starr is a talented actress and singer (obviously) who wants to leave her boring town and make a name for herself.
7. Some of Rachel’s musical influences include Eminem, Beyonce, and Rihanna. And RC just about freaked when she found out Bruno Mars was going to give a guest performance on X Factor when she was a contestant. Rachel wrote, “Got to spend a little time with Bruno Mars. Let me just tell you his voice is like butter. I am a huge fan! Who knows maybe I’ll get to do a duet with him some day.” Maybe!
8. Rachel is also a stand-up comedian because she loves making people laugh. We’d love to hear a joke, Rach!
Did you watch Rachel on The X Factor? What did you think of her? Will you be seeing her on the Big Time Summer Tour?