10 Things Girls Shopping For Prom Dresses Are Sick of Hearing
Shopping for a prom dress is almost as much a rite of passage as prom itself. It’s a very delicate process, and it can be a lengthy one if you’re having trouble finding a dress you like.
There are all kinds of factors that come into play — your mom, your friends, budget, etc — so we thought we’d pick some phrases that you might have heard while searching for your prom dress. And we can bet you’re tired of hearing them by now. Check it out below!
1. Have you tried looking at (INSERT STORE NAME HERE)? Yes, I have, and no, I didn’t find anything.
2. What color are you going to get? Don’t you realize the color doesn’t matter?! I just want to find a dress I actually LIKE.
3. Oh, yeah, I’ve wanted to get a (INSERT STYLE HERE) dress, since like, the beginning of the year. Of course you have…
4. You better get started, I bet all the good dresses are taken by now. Thanks for that friendly reminder.
5. Wait, so are you going to match with your date? Uh, DUH.
6. I’m sure you’ll find the right dress when you least expect it. Why are you giving me dating advice?
7. You’re only going to wear it for one night; it’s not THAT big a deal. WHAT?! It’s PROM, yes, it is a big deal.
8. Why don’t you just borrow a dress from your (YOUR SISTER/MOM/COUSIN/BEST FRIEND/ETC)? Because I want my OWN thankyouverymuch.
9. Can’t you just pick one? No I can’t just PICK one, it has to be THE one.
10. What’s your budget? None of your business, that’s what it is!
Anything we’re missing? Sound off in the comments!