‘PLL’ Recap: 5 Theories We Have After the Season 3 Finale
Another season of Pretty Little Liars has come to an end, but, though some loose ends were tied up in the “A Dangerous Game” finale — Spencer kidnapped Malcolm so she could prove to Mona that she’s on the “A” team; Toby is alive; Red Coat was revealed, etc. — we’re still left with more questions than when the episode first began. However, we do have some theories…
1. This isn’t the last you’ve seen of Ezria. Okay, so this isn’t the most “Ahh, that’s interesting” theory; it’s more like an inevitability. But we just had to touch upon the latest rift in Ezra and Aria’s relationship. Sure, it’ll be hard considering he’s her teacher again, but why can’t they just keep their hands off of each other at school, and wait ’til they’re back in his apartment like the olden days?
2. Alison is Red Coat… or Alison’s twin is. Since forever and a day, we’ve believed that when the Little Liars thought they were hallucinating, they were actually seeing Ali or Ali’s identical sister. Reason being that the ABC Family show followed the Sara Shepard book series of the same title, making Mona part of the “A” team. Since Alison had a — SPOILER ALERT — twin named Courtney no one knew about in the novels (who was crazy and switched places with the real Ali), it would make sense if the writers incorporated her in the TV plot as well.
3. Shana and/or Jenna is Firestarter. After Toby — yes, he’s alive! — and Spencer leave the lodge to meet Red Coat by the plane she came in on (NOTE: Remember? Ali had flying lessons!), they notice a hooded figure with a flashlight walking through the woods. This was at the same time someone, who we’re calling Firestarter, set the lodge up into flames while Hanna, Aria, Emily and Mona were inside. As Toby pursued the hooded person, he was bashed over the head from behind, and the lighter Firestarter used was placed next to him. Our theory: Shana or Jenna was the person who set the fire; Shana or Jenna was the hooded figure… or Melissa because she’s sketchy and was spotted hanging out with them earlier.
4. Jason’s in the trunk of Wilden’s police car. Guess we’re all supposed to accept the fact that the vehicle survived being submerged underwater for however long, eh? Whatever. What the girls discover from it is that Shana and Jenna dragged Wilden away after Ashley ran over him. And when the girls check the trunk, they all do their signature gasps. In the past, Emily’s mother mentioned another body, male, late teens, early 20s. Since it’s not Toby, we’re thinking this means the end of Jason DiLaurentis.
5. The hand coming out of ground is (slash was) Alison’s. During the Halloween episode, we saw this hand for the first time. What we never saw was the other hand helping the buried person out. At the time, PLL enthusiasts claimed that it was Alison’s hand because she was wearing Ali’s friendship bracelet. And, since Alison’s autopsy report confirmed dirt in her lungs, we’d like to jump on this theory… though it doesn’t explain her eventual death. Perhaps the person who pulled her out killed her for real afterward? So. Many. Questions!