15 Toys & Games Only a True ’90s Kid Would Remember
A lot of dangerous toys were introduced, or at least popularized, in the ’90s. Moon Shoes, Mr. Bucket, Socker Boppers — all those sort of things. Other products from the decade, like Tamagotchis and Skip-Its, have been modernized to fulfill the wants of kids today. Right now, though, we’re here to talk about those other games and gizmos; the ones from the ’90s that only a true child of the 1990s would ever remember…
1. Talkback Dear Diary — Pre-Kindles and all those similar electronics, this was the shiz:
2. Pretty Pretty Princess — Nothin’ like some cheap jewelry to send all little girls into a tizzy.
3. Laser Challenge — Almost forget how cool this was. Thankfully, this commercial reminded us:
4. Hit Clips — Okay, so technically this is from ’00, but close enough, right?
5. Dream Phone — The guys were legit hot, too.
6. TIGER Games — The Lion King edition was the BEST.
7. Talkboy and Talkgirl — Oh, Home Alone 2…
8. Talking Baby Sinclair — “Not the mama!”
9. OG Polly Pocket — Before she became practically hand-sized…
10. Sky Dancers — Yes, they were dangerous, but they were still so freaking fun (provided you didn’t lose a limb or poke your eyes out)!
11. Treasure Trolls — They were really cute… in an ugly sort of way.
12. Nickelodeon Time-Blaster Radio Alarm Clock — Before cell phones made most alarm clocks obsolete…
13. Playmobil Victorian House — These things cost, like, $400 at the time too. No wonder it was a huge fight for parents to get ’em.
14. Street Sharks — C’mon, you know these guys were JAWesome.
15. Portable CD Player — Now, most kids are like… “What’s a CD?”