10 Things to Know About Up-and-Coming Country Artist, Payton Rae!
If Carrie Underwood took applications for a little sister, we think Payton Rae would be the perfect candidate. Besides the gorgeous blonde hair and southern roots, Payton knows a thing or two about recording catchy country tunes. Her EP, Dare to Live, is available for purchase on iTunes, and this Christmas, she is teaming up with brother-band 3union to spread some holiday cheer with their holiday benefit project — a cover of the Boys Like Girls/Taylor Swift song “Two Is Better Than One.” All proceeds from downloading the cover will go to the Shepherd Community Center in Indianapolis, Houston Children’s Charity and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville.
Find out more about Payton Rae’s childhood, what sport she played in school and why she gets to wear so many pretty dresses this prom season…
1. Payton Rae realized she wanted to make music her career after belting out the National Anthem in her sleep when she was little.
2. Her mom helped her polish her lyrics and 4-year-old Payton ended up singing the Anthem at the Houston Comets championship basketball game!
3. She has four dogs: Mia, Maggie, Polly and Bella. This adorable ball of fluff is Bella!
4. This is her pink-themed Ford Mustang lovingly dubbed ‘The Pink Pony.’
5. Payton is best friends with Caitlin Beadles (Justin Bieber’s ex!) and her brother, Christian. She met them through YouTube. Here’s a picture slideshow she put together highlighting their trip to the Bahamas:
6. Since they’re both from Texas, Payton’s also known Austin Mahone for quite a while. Umm, awesome much?
7. She was a volleyball player in school. Girl has the sweetest serve we’ve ever seen!
8. Payton Rae is a big fan of pickles. Fans even send them as gifts! What not to send her? Ketchup — she hates it.
9. This lucky gal teamed up with prom dress designer ALYCE Paris and helped shoot its 2013 dress collection exclusive for this coming season!
10. During the filming of Payton’s music video, “Christmas Time With You,” the box dispensing snow gave up and fell right on Payton’s head!