The Shocking One Direction Secrets You Need to Know Before Made in the A.M.
“Drag Me Down,” “Infinity,” “Perfect” and a bajillion more — One Direction pretty much dropped the entirety of Made in the A.M., even though the release date for it is officially Friday, November 13. Guess the lads really wants to get a jump-start on the big break, huh?
But before the boy band’s fifth studio album debuts, there are some things you need to know; some things that some have tried to keep secret, but Directioners, obviously, know better. Here are six fan theories surrounding Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan and even Zayn Malik you’ve gotta hear (if you haven’t already):
1. Zayn actually is a part of Made in the A.M.? — Niall said that the band wrote the tunes on the album at night and in the early hours of the morning (a.k.a. in the A.M.), so that’s one way to explain the CD’s title. However, many fans are convinced of a different explanation: the A.M. actually stands for… After. Malik. It’s the first compilation since Zayn’s departure, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility.
2. The guys left space for Zayn in “Drag Me Down.” — Like, come on — it’s all a bit unnecessary if it’s NOT for him, you know?
3. “Perfect” is all about Taylor Swift. This one’s not necessarily a secret, since literally everyone thinks so, but it is an unconfirmed theory. The one line that drove it home: Harry Styles crooning, “And if you’re looking for someone to write your breakup songs about…” Considering basically all of 1989 was most definitely about Harry, we accept this theory as truth.
4. There’s a strategic reason behind the release date. Friday the 13th doesn’t just mark the introduction of Made in the A.M., but it also marks the arrival of Justin Bieber‘s fourth studio album, Purpose. While it may seem like a coincidence, JB believes there’s more to it than that. He said, “It’s a friendly competition. I don’t know if [One Direction is] really going on the road much, but we’re talking about them right now, so it gives them some promo, right? So, that’s probably why they did it.” Smart move.
5. One Direction was aware of Zayn’s eventual exit earlier than the group led us to believe. The last album Zayn was a part of was called FOUR; while that should make perfect sense because it’s the fourth studio album produced by the band, it’s also the number of members left sans Z. Then there are all those theories behind the song choices…
6. Zayn didn’t quit — he was fired! Zayn was partying more — which, to be fair, Louis was, too — and his partying led to drinking, drugs and possibly even cheating on then-fiancee Perrie Edwards. Since that’s far from the image 1D fans should see, rumors started spreading that Zayn didn’t exit on his own accord — he was forced to leave!
5 Must-See Moments from One Direction’s “Perfect” Music Video