One Direction’s “Banned Questions” List Was a Misunderstanding
In the past, we’ve been pretty darn lucky to get the chance to interview the guys of One Direction. (And by ‘lucky,’ we clearly mean ‘OMG, living every girl’s dream!’) So we were amused to find that, recently, a Canadian radio show DJ discussed the fact that before he spoke with Zayn Malik, he was given a lengthy list of questions that were off limits (which is strange because we didn’t get a list for our latest interview with Niall Horan). Now, we can totally understand not asking about personal info, but here’s what was included in the request:
1. Who is your celebrity crush?
2. Which of you have girlfriends?
3. Who came up with the name One Direction?
4. Anything X Factor-related
5. Worst habits about each other
6. Do you guys fight?
7. Best prank someone played on you
8. Describe each other in one word
9. Funniest fan stories
10. If not in the band, what would you be doing?
11. Pre-show rituals
12. Questions about money or religion
When Directioners fired back for the not-allowed Qs, the band’s management took to Twitter to make a statement in response:
Regarding the recent story about One Direction “banning questions” -this is a complete misunderstanding. One (cont) tl.gd/jh8rnk
— One Direction (@onedirection) October 4, 2012
So, in other words, management simply wanted to guide the interviewer so that Directioners could hear some juicy new 1D info, and not the everyday items everyone knows. Hey, we don’t hate it! What do you think of the request?