8 Requirements You Need to Be a Leading Man in a Nicholas Sparks Movie
There’s another Nicholas Sparks movie coming our way this year — The Best of Me hits theaters on October 17! And with it, of course, comes another hottie to swoon over. Originally, Paul Walker was cast in the leading man role, but with his tragic passing late November of last year, the role was given to X-Men star James Marsden, who’s easy on the eyes as well.
This led us to thinking about all of the other leading men in Nicholas Sparks books turned movies, and how much each of them have in common. For real, these eight items must be listed as requirements on the casting call sheets:
1. First off, you need to be a white male. Just calling ’em like we see ’em.
2. Next, you must be a B- or C-list actor on his way up. A bunch of them are A-list now, but at the time of the movies, notsomuch.
3. Traditionally attractive. Clean cut, tall-ish, not-to-long/not-too-short hair, etc.
4. Relatively young. Apart from Richard Gere (Nights in Rodanthe) and Kevin Costner (Message in a Bottle).
5. Abs. ’nuff said.
6. No hair on said abs. Waxes are a necessity.
7. The steely gaze. Looking off into the sunset will probably happen at some point in the flick, so you must learn to narrow your eyes in such a way.
8. Lastly, you must be willing to pose for the poster with your hands on your female counterpart’s face. Natch.
Hey, remember when we interviewed the cast of Save Haven? Good times, good times.