5 Things to Do Tonight on NYE (If You’re Not Going Out)
The pressure to do something cool on New Year’s Eve is insane. It’s just any ol’ regular night of the year, right? So if you don’t have plans yet or if your plans involve anything but attending an over-hyped party, we have a few things you should do tonight that are probs just as fun and undoubtedly way warmer. And yes, we’re talking to you, silly girl, who will be wearing a sparkly dress, 5-inch heels and bare legs in 30 degree weather. Good luck with that….
1. Tune into MTV’s “NYE in NYC 2012.” The show will be co-hosted by Demi Lovato and Teen Wolf‘s Tyler Posey, and Selena Gomez, Jason Derulo, and, duh, Demi will be performing. Plus, it’ll be happening in Times Square, which means you can watch the ball drop simultaneously. Multi-tasking, you guys. It all starts tonight at 11pm EST on MTV!
2. Watch the Ryan Seacrest NYE countdown. If you’re like, too cool for MTV or whatever, watch the same ball-dropping broadcast that your parents will probably be watching — Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2012. But it’s not just for old people — Fergie will be hosting in Hollywood, and Lady Gaga, Hot Chelle Rae, Pitbull, and oh yeah, JUSTIN BIEBER will be performing live from NYC. This one starts at 10pm on ABC, FYI.
3. Turn on BET for their 106 & Party. You’ll wanna watch this if you prefer R&B to all that mainstream pop stuff, since the network will be counting down the Top 100 Videos of 2011 before having live performances from Diggy Simmons, Young Jeezy and more. The NYE countdown starts at 11pm on BET.
4. Watch New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly. We know Carson is like, kinda old school, but the lineup on his NYE show is pretty solid this year, with performances from Drake, Jessie J and The Roots. It starts at 10pm on NBC!
5. Go see New Year’s Eve, the movie. Let’s be honest. It’s as close as you’re getting to the real NYE Times Square experience. And let’s be honest again — Zac Efron is probs way hotter than your
So, what are you doing for New Year’s? Will you be watching the ball drop or attending a fancy party? Tell us your big plans in the comments, and Happy 2012!!!