6 Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About Never Been Kissed
On Wednesday April 9, it will have been 15 years (!) to the day since the release of Never Been Kissed. Drew Barrymore‘s rom-com about a former nerd who goes undercover at her old high school quickly became a hit, and its popularity has only grown through the years.
To celebrate it’s upcoming anniversary, we thought we’d put together a few fun trivia facts about the movie that you probably didn’t know about. Check them out below!
1. The Never Been Kissed screenwriter has a famous wife.
Marc Silverstein wrote the screenplay for Never Been Kissed, and he’s currently married to Cougar Town actress Busy Philipps! (Though, he did write the script before they were hitched.)
2. Never Been Kissed was James Franco’s film debut.
He sure has come a long way!
3. In real life, Drew Barrymore was younger than her high school love interest.
Though Drew’s character Josie is 25-years-old and her high school love interest Guy (played by Jeremy Jordan) is only 17 in the movie, in real life, Drew is two years younger than Jeremy.
4. Leelee Sobieski was originally offered the role of “mean girl” Kristin.
However, she opted to play the role of Aldys instead finding that character more interesting.
5. There’s a future Oscar winner in this movie.
Did you know that Octavia Spencer played one of Josie’s co-workers?!
6. Never Been Kissed was the first movie released under Drew Barrymore’s Flower Films.
What are some other movies they’ve released? Charlie’s Angels, Fever Pitch, Donnie Darko, and He’s Just Not That Into You (to name a few). ALSO, Drew’s Flower Films producing partner Nancy Juvonen is married to Jimmy Fallon. NBD.
Do you love Never Been Kissed? Sound off in the comments!