All the Times Naya Rivera Threw Serious Shade at Her Glee Co-Stars
Glee was one of the best shows on television, and we’re still not over the fact that it’s over. However, there are some cast members that are more than happy to have those days far behind them. Beyond the hilarious one-liners and great music that made up the series, there was loads of drama happening when the cameras weren’t rolling.
While some of the cast still gets together to have fun and snap cute Instagram pics — we’re looking at you Lea Michele and Becca Tobin –- there are a few that have tried their best to stay far away from everything and everyone involved with Glee. NGL, Naya Rivera seems to be at the root of a lot of the drama that happened on set, and it’s no surprise considering she has been throwing shade for years. And now, more than a year after the show ended, she is still throwing lots of shade at her ex-co-stars.
1. When she basically called Mark Salling ugly — It’s no surprise that Naya has less-than-pleasant things to say about her ex. The two had a less-than-amicable split, with rumors of infidelity on his part, and loads of anger on her part. The breakup was so bad that they rarely did any scenes together on Glee following the split. But the icing on the cake was when Naya said she dated Mark back “when he was still a major looker,” implying that he’s no longer attractive., Yikes! Tell us how you really feel, Naya.
2. When she called out Lea Michele for her diva antics — In 2014, the Naya and Lea drama took a turn for the worse. While there were always rumors flying that the two had their issues, apparently it came to a head when the 29-year-old was allegedly fired for telling the producers to do something about the 30-year-old’s diva tendencies. In her book Sorry Not Sorry Naya explained the incident saying that an “unnamed actress” was being a diva and locked herself in her dressing room and wouldn’t come out to do their scene. She didn’t name names, but it’s not too hard to put the puzzle together.
3. And when she accused her of spreading rumors — After the air was cleared and it was proven that Naya would be returning to Glee in 2014, she couldn’t help but blame Lea for being behind those rumors. “I guess Lea was doing interviews and had omitted me from the New York cast list, but I’m sure that was just a Freudian slip on her part, or maybe it wasn’t,” she told E!.
4. When she alluded to hooking up with Chord Overstreet — Now this is a little bit of indirect shade, but shade nonetheless. It’s no secret that the Glee cast had their fair share of hookups, but most were never officially confirmed… that’s where Naya comes in. “Any time a new person was added to the show, it was like fresh meat being dropped into a piranha tank. Eyebrows went up and hormones started churning at the thought of new hookup potential,” she said in her book. “Lucky for me, Chord Overstreet joined the cast right after Mark and I were done, and the minute I saw him it was like a light bulb went off. Hopefully Chord didn’t enjoy his privacy, because the brunette put it all out in the open.
5. When she called Mark Salling a regret — The icing on the Naya Rivera shade cake was definitely what she had to say in Sorry Not Sorry about her relationship with the Glee actor, who is currently awaiting trial for possession of child pornography. “I think everyone should have that one relationship where you look back and ask yourself, ‘What the hell was I thinking?’ You’ll learn something and you won’t regret it. Unless, of course, that relationship was with someone who had a sizable stash of child porn on his computer. Then, by all means, regret everything.” YUP!
7 times drama happened between the Glee cast OFF screen: