10 Music Acts Who Haven’t Had New Albums in Years
Last year, Justin Timberlake made the music comeback of a lifetime, dropping TWO albums — gotta love The 20/20 Experience, parts 1 AND 2 — after a 7-year hiatus. Who knew it was that long?! That got us to thinking about all of the other music acts that we haven’t heard in, like, forever. Here are ten who legit haven’t had new albums in years.
NOTE: This is not including holiday, best ofs or compilation albums; those CDs don’t count.
1. Mandy Moore — last album Amanda Leigh (May 26, 2009)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: Nothing after “Have a Little Faith in Me.”
At least we got to hear her smooth vocals in Tangled. (Yup, she was the voice of Rapunzel!)
2. Ashlee Simpson — last album Bittersweet World (April 19, 2008)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: “Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)”
What’s she up to now? Good question. Last we heard she was pregnant with fiance Evan Ross’ baby, but that turned out to be nothing but a rumor. Oh well.
3. Jessica Simpson — last album Do You Know (September 9, 2008)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: “I Belong to Me” is the last song we even kind of remember. And that’s just barely. Sorry, Jess.
You must follow JS on Instagram; her kids are precious.
4. Hilary Duff — last album Dignity (March 26, 2007)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: “With Love”
In case you haven’t heard the news, the former Lizzie McGuire star just signed a new record deal!
5. Outkast — last album Idlewild (August 22, 2006)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: Erh, we kinda lost track of the duo after “Roses” (May 25, 2004).
It’s being said that André 3000 and Big Boi will reunite at Coachella, but we’ll see.
6. Missy Elliott — last album The Cookbook (July 5, 2005)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: “Lose Control”
Still waiting on ME’s potential seventh studio album, Block Party…
7. Lindsay Lohan — last album A Little More Personal (Raw) (December 6, 2005)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: “Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)”
Thankfully, LiLo’s cleaning up her act; she even has her own show on Oprah’s network!
8. Aaron Carter — last album Another Earthquake (September 3, 2002)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: ??
He still performs here and there, but there hasn’t been a full-blown album launch or anything.
9. O-Town — last album O2 (November 11, 2002)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: It was all a blur after “All Or Nothing.”
There’s an O-Town reunion in the works as we speak! No Ashley Parker Angel though. Boo.
10. Spice Girls — last album Forever (November 6, 2000)
MOST MEMORABLE SINGLE FROM LAST ALBUM: Ginger wasn’t involved, so who cares?
Still waiting on that world tour, ladies…