10 Iconic Moments from the Most Iconic Movies of 1989
Wow, so we just realized that the last people to be born in the 1980s turn 25 this year; that’s 25 full years since the last of ’80s. WHA-?! Although we’re still weirded out by the notion, we’re happy to see that many of the movies released in 1989 are still recognized today. Here, in celebration of the 25th anniversary of all the following, are iconic moments from the most iconic films of 1989:
1. The Little Mermaid — Long live the dinglehopper!
2. Say Anything… — When Penn Badgley recreated the boombox scene in Easy A, oof, we died.
3. When Harry Met Sally… — Before those old school Herbal Essences commercials, there was…
4. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids — “Dad, don’t eat me!”
5. Field of Dreams — This says it all:
6. Christmas Vacation — Hallelujah!
7. Look Who’s Talking — The sperm-filled opening credits (minus the Prince William head, obviously).
8. All Dogs Go to Heaven — When you really think about it, everything about ADGTH was sad.
9. Batman — Before Heath Ledger won a posthumous Oscar for his portrayal of The Joker, Jack Nicholson originated the role in the Tim Burton-directed film. And we still get chills from ALL of his on-screen moments to this very day.
10. Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure — Classic.