The Top 10 Most Star-Studded Music Videos Besides “Bad Blood”
Probably the coolest thing ever is seeing proof that your favorite celebrities are also each other’s favorite celebrities. That beautiful, beautiful thing happens anytime one of them casually tweets another an inside joke (that we all desperately wish we understood and could laugh at), uploads cute BFF Instagram photos or just cuts right to the chase and brings their celebrifriend to work with him/her. Remember when Taylor Swift brought along her army of best friends to join her onstage recently? Or, more importantly, when she cast them all as female superheroes in her music video, “Bad Blood?” Of course you do. Because, not only was it the most effortlessly bad-ass music video that we’ve seen in a while, but it was also one of the most star-studded music video casts that we’ve witnessed. EVER.
But okay, okay, enough about all of the celebrity ladies who popped up in “Bad Blood,” right? We’ve talked endlessly about how Selena Gomez, Zendaya, Cara Delevingne, Kendrick Lamar, Jessica Alba, Karlie Kloss, Hailee Steinfeld, Gigi Hadid and Hayley Williams (just to name a few) were super-cool. We’re already on to the next and ready to talk about ten of the other music videos that are both jam-packed with celebrity appearances and severely under-appreciated:
1. “Bitch, I’m Madonna” by Madonna — Perhaps in a bid to out-Taylor Taylor herself, Madonna went and cast what could be considered the entirety of Hollywood to pop their famous little heads into her video. That includes: Beyonce, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Rita Ora, Miley Cyrus, Diplo, Chris Rock, Alexander Wang, and her two sons, who are basically mini-celebs, in their own rights.
2. “Last Friday Night” by Katy Perry — If the most extreme thing that you remember from this super-colorful (even for Katy) music video is that she sported quite a sick set of headgear, then we feel sorry for you. Because that would mean that you didn’t save any brain space for the cameos of the extremely mixed bunch, which included Darren Criss, Kevin McHale, Rebecca Black, Corey Feldman, Kenny G and Hanson!
3. “Happy” by Pharrell — Despite the fact that you may have had enough of hearing this song, after spending a good six months hearing it everywhere on a constant loop, we think that you should give the video another watch. You could even do it with the sound muted, because, believe us, we get it. It’s just that we’d hate for you to miss out on seeing Steve Carell, Miranda Cosgrove, Kelly Osbourne, Jimmy Kimmel, Jamie Foxx, Gavin DeGraw, JoJo, Odd Future, and way more get their grooves on.
4. “Yonce” by Beyonce — What’s cooler than Beyonce simply existing and singing and dancing and stuff? Before you say, “Why, nothing,” just remember that time that she cast Joan Smalls, Jourdan Dunn and Chanel Iman in what will be known to future generations as The Most Good-Looking Video of All Time.
5. “Our Deal” by Best Coast — In what reads like a legitimate feature film cast listing, Best Coast called on young actors Chloe Moretz, Tyler Posey, Miranda Cosgrove, Shailene Woodley, Donald Glover and Alia Shawkat for this video, which was also directed by Drew Barrymore.
6. “My Song 5” by Haim — You wouldn’t know that Haim had SO many industry pals, based on how new they are to music. Well, except for that whole being-Taylor-Swift’s-BFFs thing. But after one look at their “My Song 5” footage, it’s clear that we’ve underestimated the sisters’ friend-making ability, because it includes stars like Kesha, Vanessa Bayer, Big Sean, A$AP Ferg, Ezra Koenig, Grimes and Artemis Pebdani.
7. “Roc Boys (And the Winner is…” by Jay Z — We’ve never been more upset at not having been invited to a party as we were when we saw how many really famous people were in attendance at the party in this video! Couldn’t Nas, Rick Ross, P Diddy, Young Gunz, Memphis Bleek, Jadakiss, Yaya DaCosta, Drew Sidora, Just Blaze, Zab-Judah, The Dream, Irv Gotti, Swizz Beatz, Cassie, Larry Johnson, Tristan Wilds or Mariah Carey give us their invitation, instead?
8. “Giving Up the Gun” by Vampire Weekend — For the group’s quirk-tastic music video, VW enlisted the most random group of celebrities to actualize the ~vision~. That includes Joe Jonas, Jake Gyllenhaal, Lil Jon, Daft Punk and RZA.
9. “Make Some Noise” by Beastie Boys — We’re sure that with all of these comedians crammed into a filming space, there was plenty of noise to be made. Like, we would absolutely not be able to keep a straight face, with Rashida Jones, Elijah Wood, Seth Rogen, Will Arnett, Rainn Wilson, Danny McBride, Jason Bateman, Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson, Amy Poehler, Steve Buscemi, Chloë Sevigny, Maya Rudolph, Kirsten Dunst, David Cross, Orlando Bloom, Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly and Jack Black around!
10. “Queenie Eye” by Paul McCartney — Paul McCartney says he didn’t even expect his music video to turn into such a joining-of-the-celebrities, but it just happened that way! Imagine living that life. Imagine you casually suggesting to your buds, Johnny Depp, George Ezra, Jeremy Irons, Chris Pine, Tom Ford, Jude Law, Sean Penn, Alice Eve, James Corden, Meryl Streep, Tracey Ullman, Kate Moss, that you’re doing a video and they’re all just like, “Okay, I’ll be there!”