16 of the Absolute Nerdiest Things Your Parents Can Do
Parents are great. Even if you don’t always see eye to eye with them on certain situations, they’ve made a lot of sacrifices to raise you, and you should be forever grateful for that. However, there’s just something about parents that makes them especially nerdy when it comes to life and every day situations — even if they try to act cool.
What are you talking about, you ask? Scroll below to see some of the nerdiest things your parents can do — you know what we’re talking about!
1. Signing text messages, “Love, Mom.” Yes, mom, I KNOW you sent me the text message. No need to announce yourself.
2. Getting WAY to excited when you accomplish something. Mom, it’s just an A on a test, we don’t need to throw a party.
3. Not understanding social media.“Are you going to Twitter that?” No mom, I’m going to TWEET it. You Tweet on Twitter. Just…nevermind.
4. Getting paranoid about what they post on Facebook. “I just don’t want anyone to see this picture.” Then why are you posting it on Facebook?!
5. Sending you videos that were funny…like 8 years ago. “OMG Have you seen that ‘Charlie bit me’ video? So funny!”
6. Trying to stay up on current events with young celebrities. “You don’t want to fly on Justin Bieber’s private plane, heard he smokes a lot of weed on that thing.”
7. Have certain catchphrases for situations. “Well, it’s better than a poke in the eye.” “So, let me ask you…”
8. Ask weirdly specific questions. “Did you BLANK with BLANK yesterday?” Let me just TELL you about my day, no need to guess.
9. Call you but then act really distracted and tell you they have to call you back. Well, you’re the one who called me so….
10. Stalk you on a form of social media that they don’t have. Let’s be real, your parents have definitely mentioned something you ONLY said on Twitter before.
11. Jeans. Parents in jeans. (Especially moms.) It’s just the nerdiest.
12. Asking you about your dating life. “So, do you think they’re sweet on you?”
13. Misusing slang. “So, are you and your cousin going to hook up next weekend?” MEET UP, YOU MEAN MEET UP, MOM.
14. Asking you to fix your hair/tuck in your shirt/etc in front of your friends. And then they do it for you. UGH.
15. Dancing. Unless we’re all at a wedding together, there’s no need.
16. Any time they reference sex/hooking up/etc. Just……NO.
Anything we missed? Sound off in the comments!