10 Times When Fake Phone Calls Are Absolutely Necessary
Cell phones can be used for many things — checking the weather, texting your friends, taking photos, and, of course, making calls. But while having the ability to talk to your family and friends is great, sometimes having the ability to pretend like you’re talking to them is even better. C’mon, people. You know you do it! Whipping out the good ol’ “Hey, mom! Yeah, I can talk right now…” is a classic tactic to avoid awkward situations! Don’t be ashamed of your ability to fake a conversation — embrace the times you absolutely need to use one, especially when things like these happen:
1. When you’re eating alone in the cafeteria.
2. When someone is awkwardly hitting on you.
3. When you’re walking by yourself at night.
4. When you see someone on the other side of the room that you don’t want to talk to.
5. When an organization won’t stop trying to get you to fill out a survey.
6. When you’re waiting for your friends to finish trying on clothes.
7. When you want to get OFF the phone with someone else.
8. When you’re trying to make someone jealous. *Note: We don’t condone this.
9. When you think someone waved or said hi to you but they really didn’t.
10. When you want to avoid answering an awkward question.