10 Things to Know About Jennifer Lawrence’s On-Screen Crush from ‘HATES,’ Max Thieriot!
Not too long ago, we gave you five pretty good reasons why we are super excited about Jennifer Lawrence‘s new flick, House at the End of the Street, in theaters Friday, September 21. One of those reasons? Max Thieriot, a former child actor weaving his way through Hollywood as an adult. Max plays
total hottie Ryan Jacobson, a lonely guy dealing with the aftermath of his parents’ murder. When Jennifer’s character, Elissa Cassidy, moves next door to the creepy house, her mother forbids her to get close to Ryan… but obviously she doesn’t listen. Would you?
Find out more about Max’s hobbies, who he’s shared the big screen with and what his biggest fear is below:
1. Maximillion Drake Thieriot, who was born in Los Altos Hills, California, grew up in the small town of Occidental. Population: 1,115.
2. Max acted alongside Kristen Stewart and Corbin Bleu in Catch That Kid. His other movies include Nancy Drew (where he got to kiss Emma Roberts!), Jumper, Chloe, Kit Kittredge: An American Girl (opposite Abigail Breslin) and My Soul to Take.
3. His great-great grandfather, Michael Henry de Young, co-founded the San Francisco Chronicle in the late 1800s.
4. Max’s hair was bleached so much for his role in The Pacifier that he thought he would go bald!
5. He proposed to his girlfriend of seven years, Lexi Murphy, during a two-week trip to the Caribbean where they first met. Aww! “I think she expected it was coming. Then, she ended up thinking it wasn’t going to happen because I waited a whole week before I asked,” Max told Flaunt Magazine. Here is the couple back in 2008:
6. Max races his dad’s car in the Baja 500 and Baja 1000, off-road races that take place on Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula in June and November every year.
7. He will be playing Norman Bates’ brother, Dylan, in A&E’s upcoming television series, Bates Motel, as a prequel to the famous movie, Psycho. Max told Shock Till You Drop, “That, for me, is more exciting because the character is unknown and can do anything. There’s a lot of room to play there. Alfred Hitchcock is amazing, his movies are pretty awesome. It’s all pretty exciting to be a part of something like that.”
8. His biggest fear is heights! Check out what he said about his fear below:
10. Max is really good friends with Philadelphia Phillies’ pitcher (and Max’s sister’s boyfriend!) Mike Stutes.