Proof That Mario Bros. Still Rules the Video Game World
No matter how many video games come down the pipeline, Mario and his many friends from the Mario Bros. franchise will forever be known as the ones that enriched our lives the most ever since they were introduced in the 1980s. To give you a better sense as to how much the VGs mean to us, here are ten pieces of proof that Mario Bros. rules the video game world:
1. The classic characters. No matter who you are, you know the names Princess Peach, Donkey Kong, Toad, Koopa Troopa and, of course, Yoshi.
2. The most infamous villains. Bowser, Wario, King Boo, Waluigi — can’t top ’em.
3. You’ve experienced it on legit every gaming system. From the original Nintendo Entertainment System to Wii U, Mario has appeared in over 200 video games since his creation.
4. Practice every sport you could possibly think of. Golf, tennis, basketball, baseball — the list is (nearly) endless.
5. Mario taught you how to drive! Don’t even lie, you know the first time you got behind the wheel was in Mario Kart.
6. Speaking of first times, how about your first party? Mario Party. ’nuff said.
7. They play well with others. No discrimination here. Super Smash Bros., anyone?
8. MB even helped you with school. Ah, Mario’s Early Years! Fun with Letters.
9. They teach you how to share the spotlight. It’s not always about Mario. Remember Yoshi’s New Island and Super Princess Peach?
10. It’s all in the family. What other video game has a pair of brothers at the center of it all?