10 Things to Know About UK Girl Group, Little Mix!
When Little Mix won The X Factor back in 2011, they made history. Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jesy Nelson and Jade Thirwall became the first group to defy all odds and win! And while it also helps when you’re in a relationship with one of the most sought after boys in the biz (::ahem Perrie Edwards and Zayn Malik), these girls are on their way to the tippy top. Their autobiography “Ready To Fly” will be coming out at the end of this month, and their debut album is set to be released by the end of the year.
Find out what Perrie and Jade have in common, why they had to originally change their band name and check out their brand new video for “Wings” below!
1. Formerly known as Rhythmix, the group had to change their name due to a dispute with a children’s charity which was also named Rhythmix.
2. In The X Factor‘s eight-year history, Little Mix was the first girl group to make it past the seventh live show.
3. Their brand new music video for “Wings” already has over 1 million views on YouTube in under a week. Check it out!
4. Perrie and Jade are both from the coastal town of South Shields in Tyne and Wear, England.
5. According to their official website, Jesy has a phobia of sandwiches. Alrighty then.
6. Perrie’s favorite snack? Potato chips! Or ‘crisps’ as they call it in England.
7. The girls were recently part of an M&M’s campaign to launch limited edition Union Jack M&M’s for the Queen’s Jubilee. “It was a really good photo shoot actually, we just got to muck around. It wasn’t too serious, and we just got to chuck loads of M&Ms around. And we got a lot of free stuff!” Jesy told Glamour UK.
8. Leigh-Anne has a pug that she loves more than anything. His name is Harvey!
9. Jade is dating Sam Craske from dance group, Diversity. They won Britain’s Got Talent back in 2009.
10. Along with other X Factor alums JLS, Leona Lewis, Olly Murs and One Direction, Little Mix is a part of The X Factor 2012 Whose Time Is Now advertisement. What an inspiring group!