Lil Xan Hospitalized After Eating Too Many Flamin’ Hot Cheetos

By  | 

Although Lil Xan recently said he’s quitting the music industry in the wake of Mac Miller‘s death, he’s currently getting ready to kick off a 34-date tour across the United States. His preparation was hit with a little snafu yesterday, however, because he had to go to the hospital after coming down with some pretty serious symptoms.

The 22-year-old posted a picture of himself in the back of an ambulance on September 24, causing fans to freak out.

As it turns out, the rapper called for help because he started vomiting blood, which is super scary, because he — wait for it — ate too many Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.

“I just want to let everybody know that I was in the hospital, not due to any drugs, but I guess I ate too many hot Cheetos and it ripped something in my stomach open a little bit and I puked a little blood,” he explained through laughter in an Instagram video.

He captioned the vid, “Just wanna let everyone know that I’m good, healthier then I’ve ever been and ready to kick of my third Tour in NY ina couple days ! Also be careful, Hot Cheetos are one hell of a drug aha !”

Apparently, the rapper whose real name is Diego Leanos isn’t the first person to get kick from the spicy snack.

Dr. Cary Cavender from Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital told WREG, according to PEOPLE, “We do see tons of gastritis and ulcer-related stuff due to [hot snacks].”

So while munching on Flamin’ Hot Cheetos is fine in moderation, it’s probably not a good idea to overdo it on the spicy treats, ya know, unless you feel like taking a trip to the hospital.