13 of the Biggest Lies Everyone Tells Their Parents
Even the most innocent of kids have kept the truth to themselves at times. Whether it’s because they wanted to keep a bad grade to themselves or to sneak off to a party, it’s inevitable that a fib will come out of everyone’s mouth in his/her lifetime. Join along as we present to you 13 of the most common lies that kids tell their parents.
1. “It was like that when I got it.” It’s not like you scraped the car against a mailbox or anything.
2. “Mom, I’m sleeping over [BEST GIRL FRIEND’S NAME]’s house tonight.” But if you ask her mom, she’s sleeping over your house. Must be some sort of miscommunication.
3. “Yes, I did all my homework.” Or, at least you will… tomorrow… on the school bus.
4. “It won’t cost you that much.” Just a couple hundred (or thousand) dollars, no big.
5. “Yeah, there were totally parents there.” At some point in time, yes, there were adults in the house… just not when you were partying there. Oh, did you leave that part out?
6. “Oh, I never got your text/call/message.” …even though I’m on my phone all day long. Weird, isn’t it?
7. “I didn’t know I couldn’t do that.” Parents, you really need to be more clear.
8. “Dad said I could.” He may not remember it, but he def did.
9. “But everyone else has one/gets to go.” Okay, maybe not everyone else, but what’s a tiny little fib?
10. “Umm, we didn’t get our grades yet.” Fingers crossed they forget by tomorrow!
11. “Everyone else failed, too.” 37 was, like, the best score in class.
12. “If you let me [INSERT RANDOM WANT], I won’t ask you for anything else ever again.” *cough cough*
13. “Don’t worry, I’ll be home before curfew.” Hehehe.