8 Bad Lessons We Learned From Laguna Beach
Before Lauren Conrad was a brand, Stephen Colletti starred on One Tree Hill and Kristin Cavallari became a mother, they were all cast members on MTV’s reality show, Laguna Beach. All those who used to religiously watch know that there was something special about hearing that Hilary Duff song playing on your TV, but while the show was undoubtedly addictive, it definitely didn’t convey the best messages to the teens who tuned in. From spontaneous Cabo trips to luxury cars, everything about LB was excessive. Yes, this did make for great television, but was totally over-the-top IRL. If you thought Hannah Montana taught bad lessons, wait till you read this…
1. If your car is “dunzo,” complain to your dad and you’ll get a brand-new BMW. Thanks for the unrealistic expectations, Kristin!
2. Getting into a huge fight while dancing on a bar in Cabo is totally normal for high school students. What happens in Cabo definitely doesn’t stay in Cabo.
3. It’s OK to get back together with a guy who has cheated multiple times. Shout out to Jessica and LC…Jason was clearly a winner.
4. Your parents won’t punish you as long as you’re getting at least a D in your classes. Lauren was so upset that her parents grounded her at the end of senior year, but ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS GET AT LEAST A D!
5. Anyone can audition for a Broadway play How did NO ONE tell Christina she probably shouldn’t have gone on that audition?
6. It’s cool for your dad to slut-shame you. Anyone else remember when Kristin’s dad said her formal look was “heavy on the makeup, light on the dress?”
6. If someone heckles you and your friends, fighting back is the best option. Nothing good can come out of getting into a fight with a little person outside a Blink 182 concert.
7. Analyzing your smile is proper date conversation. Because he obviously cares so much!
8. This is what your days after school will look like. Spoiler alert: IRL, they won’t.