6 Things You Can Learn from Kelly Clarkson’s New Album
It’s been a couple years since Kelly Clarkson hit us with a new record. Especially one where we were obsessed with every song (aka Breakaway, circa 2004).
But since we heard some of Kelly’s tracks leak this past summer, we guessed that we were in for some fine tunage with her newest album, Stronger. And now, since we literally just listened to every single song off the CD, we just gotta say it: Miss Independent strikes once again! Not only are the songs fun to listen to, there’s also, like, 20+ lessons you can learn from ’em.
Here are six we thought were the most important.
1. Lyrics from “Honestly”: “Judge me, love me. If you are hating me, do it honestly.”
Lesson: Be honest, even if it hurts.
2. Lyrics from “The War is Over”: “And I won’t fight you anymore. I’ve never been so sure… All I have to say is you don’t deserve me.”
Lesson: After enough fighting, it’s okay to walk away from a bad relationship.
(Sam & Ron, that one’s for you.)
3. Lyrics from “What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger)”: “Doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone. What doesn’t kill you makes a fighter.”
Lesson: As the title suggests, you grow stronger even through painful experiences.
4. Lyrics from “Dark Side”: “Everybody’s got a dark side. Do you love me? Can you love mine?”
Lesson: Look for someone who loves you for all your flaws.
5. Lyrics from “You Love Me”: “You said you loved me, but that I’m not good enough.”
Lesson: Break ups hurt, no matter how they’re delivered.
6. Lyrics from “You Can’t Win”: “If you go, they’ll say you’re following. If you don’t, then you’re too good for them.”
Lesson: You can’t always please everyone.