All the Times Joe Jonas Savagely Shaded His Ex-Girlfriends in Public
During his decade in the spotlight, we’ve seen Joe Jonas‘ breakups unfold right before our eyes, and the guy’s taken his fair share of trash-talk from his exes — come on, you deserve to be called out for that infamous breakup phone call with Taylor Swift. But even though the 27-year-old has definitely been painted as the bad guy in past relationships, he’s also thrown plenty of shade himself. While we can’t blame him for being bitter about some of his exes (Gigi Hadid did move on pretty fast), it’s always better to take the high road… something JJ just can’t seem to do. Take a look at all the times Joe’s dissed his famous exes:
1. When he played shag/marry/kill with on Watch What Happens Live — During an appearance on the late-night show, host Andy Cohen challenged Joe to come clean in a game of “Shag/Marry/Kill.” The “Toothbrush” singer could have deflected the question, but instead he revealed that he would sleep with Taylor, marry Demi, and KILL Gigi! Yeah, it was just a game… but that’s still pretty harsh.
2. When he wrote “Much Better” — Although Taylor Swift is known for writing savage songs about her exes, she’s not immune to being on the receiving end. Joe took a swipe at his ex in the 2009 Jonas Brothers song, “Much Better,” which has lyrics that are anything but subtle: “And all the tears on her guitar, I’m not bitter. But now I see, Everything I’d ever need, Is the girl in front of me, She’s much better.” The 27-year-old was obviously referring to his then-GF Camilla Belle, and also Tay’s country his, “Teardrops on My Guitar.”
3. When he called Tay out again — Legendary comedian Joan Rivers was known for her snarky commentaries, and she was apparently a bad influence on Joe. During a Fashion Week interview, she said,”Joe, you’re the one who dumped Taylor Swift. Broke her heart.” Joe owned up to it replying, “Yeah, I think it’s me and a few others.” OUCH!
4. When he spoke out about ZiGi — It’s okay to be upset after a breakup, but you don’t have to go to the press about it. After Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik started dating very shortly after she and the DNCE frontman split, he publicly aired his dirty laundry when he told the Daily Mirror, “I think it’s interesting that she moved on so quickly. I mean, it was definitely very quick.” He also unfollowed his ex on Instagram right away, but that’s understandable.
5. When he wrote a tell-all for New York Magazine — It was the interview that was heard around the world; Joe totally threw Demi Lovato under the bus when he spilled all his secrets for the article back in 2013. Among other revelations about his sex life and Disney Channel past, the singer claimed that his ex pressured him into trying illegal drugs. “The first time I smoked weed was with Demi and Miley. I must have been 17 or 18. They kept saying, ‘Try it! Try it!’ so I gave it a shot, and it was all right.” Like, thanks for your honesty, but no need to damage your ex’s reputation. Luckily, the two have forgiven and forgotten, and Joe even makes surprise appearances at Demi’s shows!
6. When he wrote a new song that’s going to “piss someone off” — While working on his upcoming album with DNCE, Joe tweeted, “Always fun writing a song that’s gonna piss someone off.” He also hinted to Andy Cohen that his new album will have songs that diss his exes. Moral of the story? Don’t date (or dump) Joe Jonas.
While Joe definitely shades his exes, not many celebs gave it back to him. His brother Nick, on the other hand? Not so lucky.