14 Hacks, Tips & Tricks That’ll Teach You How to Actually Use Dry Shampoo
We love having our hair looking red-carpet ready on the regular just as much as the next person, but let’s be real — it’s just not always possible. Sure, figuring out unique and simple ways to style your locks is great and all, but there’s only so much you can do when you’d rather do ANYTHING else than wash your hair. And that’s where dry shampoo comes in…
Almost everyone has used dry shampoo at some point in their lives, and if you haven’t, you’re seriously missing out. But whether you’re a die-hard hair refresher fan, or have simply just tried out your bestie’s product once or twice in the past, chances are you’re not using your dry shampoo to its full potential.
1. Baby powder’s not just for babies; it’s a great product for hair-oil absorption, too!
2. And here’s how you use it:
3. Many brands sell dry shampoo, but you can actually make your own using four simple products:
4. Worried that the white powder will make your brown hair look ashy? Add some cocoa powder and/or cinnamon to the mix for the perfect brunette-approved dry shampoo!
5. If you don’t feel like combining a bunch of products, simple hite rice flower will do the trick, too.
6. Not into creating your own? Here are some of the best dry shampoos you can purchase:
7. Now that you have the dry shampoo, it’s important for you to use it correctly. Here are the steps you should follow when applying:
8. Let’s be real — you’re probably making these common dry shampoo mistakes:
9. You can also apply your dry shampoo before you go to bed so you wake up with refreshed hair!
10. A natural-bristle brush can help you distribute the product evenly and avoid any white, powdery residue:
11. If you prefer a spray to a powder, you can follow this recipe:
12. Dry shampoo’s not just to combat oily hair — you can use it for extra volume, too!
13. Spray some dry shampoo onto your bobby pins to give them some extra grit & help ’em stay in your hair better:
14. Smelly shoes? You can also spray some dry shampoo in them to absorb the odor!!