12 Easy Hair Hacks, Tips & Tricks to Get Space Buns Like Your Fave Celebs
Space buns used to be a hairstyle reserved for characters in Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century, but the futuristic look has recently become a super-popular everyday ‘do. Zendaya, Miley Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Harry Styles have all tried the easy and fun style, proving that it works on basically every hair type and fits with everyone’s personal style.
1. If you’re not comfortable wearing your hair completely up in space buns, try doing this half-up look:
2. Once you get used to that, you can move onto a set of messy buns. Make sure you tease and spray with hairspray to get the volume you desire!
3. Give your double buns an upgrade by braiding the strands of your hair first:
4. Update a typical messy bun like this:
5. Place the space buns lower on your head for a more subtle look:
6. Space buns usually consist of two little clusters of hair, but if you’re feeling rebellious you can always add another:
7. Embrace the ’90s by leaving out a ‘tail’ of hair in your buns:
8. If you find your buns are looking a little wimpy, quickly run a teasing comb through the strands to give ’em some extra volume:
9. Still not enough volume? Here’s how to make your space buns HUGE:
10. Some people like the look of small, tight buns. Channel your inner Zenon with the help of the tutorial below:
11. Dutch braids are super on-trend, so why not add ’em to classic double buns?
12. Go for a more subtle look with a set of LOW space buns: