What the Flavor! How to Make Taco Bell Doritos Crunchwrap Supreme
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Ground beef
• Packet taco seasoning mix
• 1 bag of Doritos Natural Cheese
• 1 can nacho cheese (or queso cheese dip)
• 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 cup shredded lettuce
• 1 tomato, diced
• 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
• Cooking spray
1. In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain all the residual grease and then add in your taco seasoning mix of choice.
2. Warm your nacho cheese sauce (or whatever queso cheese sauce you prefer) in the microwave.
3. Place the flour tortillas on a large a skillet, set to low heat. For about a minute, warm the tortillas.
4. Lay the flour tortilla on a flat surface. This is where the layering process comes in! Add one layer (about 6 Dorito chips) in the center of the large tortilla. Then add a small layer of beef, a layer of nacho cheese and then top that off with one more additional later of Doritos chips. **SEE NOTES BELOW! Then start layering you’re your cold ingredients: a layer of sour cream, lettuce, tomato and shredded Mexican cheese. If you’re bold you can add a THIRD layer of Dorito chips here!
5. Cut a second smaller circle out of another tortilla. This will act as a “lid” of sorts to your crunchwrap!
6. Add the small tortilla to the top of the delicious food mountain you’ve created. Carefully fold the crunch wrap so that the Dorito edges don’t poke through. Work your way around the crunchwrap, carefully folding the flour tortilla over the center fillings.
7. Sprinkle some shredded cheese into an oiled pan on medium-high heat. Then, with the folds facing downward, add your creation to the top of your sizzling cheese.
8. Wait about a minute (or until your crunchwrap supreme is golden brown).
9. Serve immediately!
• Queso dip is more flavorful than nacho cheese to use
• Hot sauce is optional for the inside
• For the Doritos: Use the flattest ones possible and layer. When cooked, they become soft so the more the better for crunch.
• Use fewer ingredients than you think for the middle! Too much will make it hard to fold and everything will spill out.