What the Flavor! How to Make Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Pancakes & Cheese Sauce
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 3 tbsp butter
• 3 tbsp flour
• 2 cups Flamin’ Hot Cheetos milk
• 1/4-1/2 cup whole milk, as needed
• 2 cups shredded cheese
• 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
• 1/2 cup crushed Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
• butter, for the griddle
1. Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Milk: In a large saucepan, heat 3 cups of milk to simmering. Turn off the heat and add in 1 1/2 cups of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. Let the Cheetos soak in the milk for 15 minutes. Strain and discard the solids. You should have about 2 cups of milk.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Sprinkle in flour and whisk together. Cook for a few minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste. Stir in milk and let come back to a simmer. The mixture should thicken up a bit. Turn the heat to low and stir in shredded cheese. Add more whole milk as needed to thin down the sauce to your desired consistency.
3. Combine all the pancake ingredients and stir until blended. Cook about 1/4 cup of the batter at a time, about 3 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook a couple more minutes.
• Leave the pancakes alone; most of the cooking is done on one side, so resist the urge to flip too early to get super fluffy pancakes. Before flipping, you should see bubbles along the edges of the pancake and the top should begin to look a little dry.
• The cheese sauce is essentially a bechamel sauce, which might seem intimidating, but as long as you pay attention, it’s super easy. Just make sure you’re stirring constantly and getting the corners of the pan with the whisk to prevent lumps.